Woo Braintree Payment is a WooCommerce Braintree payment gateway plugin that allows you to accept 3D Secure payments via credit card in your WooCommerce webshop in minutes.
Braintree – a PayPal company – offers an all-in-one merchant account and gateway solution to process your credit card transactions anywhere you do business. It supports over 130 currencies, fraud protection and with its instant sign-up you can start accepting payments in minutes.
With Braintree you can accept Paypal and most credit and debit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diner’s Club.
The free version of this plugin can be used/downloaded from WordPress.org and it gives you instantly access to:
- accept payments with major credit/debit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, Discover, JSB and Diner’s Club
- handle payments in one currency only (your Braintree account base currency) although your customers may pay in whatever currency they like
- set which cards your shop accepts and display their badges on the card checkout form
- test its functionalities in the Braintree’s Sandbox before you go live
- English localized user interface/messages
However, this commercial version of the plug-in comes with few more features (exhaustively described here):
- support for cardholder authentication through the card issuer’s 3D-Secure layer (eg. Verified by VISA)
- payment risk management for the non-3DS cards by setting a payment threshold for any of the supported currency and additionally via AVS rules
- handling payments in 130+ currencies (EUR orders go to your EUR account, USD orders go to your USD account, etc)
- custom bank statement descriptors (what your customers will see on their statement when they make a purchase through your webshop)
- recurring billings support (like subscriptions)
- refunding payments and/or cancelling refunds right in the WooCommerce admin interface (requires WC 2.1+)
- enable/disable the Credit Card Validation (and/or CCV)
- allows defining custom regex rules for card validation
- allows customization of the card checkout form with the aids of CSS
- logging and debugging the payment transactions
- support for English, Swedish, Romanian, Spanish, French, German localization and also other languages at request
- premium support