If you have a system with two or more displays/monitors and are using a Linux XFce desktop environment then there are at least three methods for dual monitor setup in Xfce:
- Use the built-in Xfce Settings -> Display configuration utility.
- use the Resize and Rotate tool for X window system (aka xrandr). Read more.
- use the Xfce Settings Editor
If you choose to use the last method then follow these steps:
- open the Settings -> Settings Editor
- on the left list (Channel) choose the
displaychannel; on the right side you are going to see your current monitor setup
- identify the leftmost display and make sure you set Position.X=0
- identify the next rightwards monitor and set its Position.X value equal to the previous monitor Position.Resolution width value (eg. 1440x900 means width=1440 and height=900)
- repeat the steps 3-4 for the rest of the rightwards monitors
- close the Settings Editor, logout your current Xfce session then login again.
That's all folks!
Now, if you think that this article was interesting don't forget to rate it. It shows me that you care and thus I will continue write about these things.